Glen Grant 10 Y O 700ml
The Glen Grant distillery is named after its two founders, James and John Grant who built the distillery in Rothes in 1840. After their death, the son of James, Major James Grant took over the business, and built another distillery across the road naming it “Glen Grant II” (today known as Caperdonich). The Major always aimed at producing a first rate malt, and so designed the distilleries especially tall, slender stills and purifiers himself. He reputedly enjoyed leading guests through his exotic gardens to a nearby falls where, taken from his secret whisky safe, he’d offer drams of Glen Grant accompanied by spring water drawn from the same Speyside burn that still feeds the distillery today. When the Major died, his grand son, Major Douglas Mackessack took over the distillery, continuing its success. Like most distilleries, Glen Grant closed its doors during the two World Wars due to a lack of barley and has since changed ownership several times. Most recently, the distillery was sold in 2006 to the Italian group Campari as a result of the acquisition of Allied Domecq by Pernod Ricard. Glen Grant remains one of the world's best-selling single malts (being especially popular in Italy), and is also available in various independent and vintage bottlings.
Alcohol Volume: 40%